This post is going to be a review of the Dove Summer Glow Body Lotion. :) I purchased this almost two weeks ago now and having been using it twice a day. Once after my shower in the morning and again after my shower at night. It does say apply daily so the two applications may not really be necessary but I was very impatient when I first started using this. lol I have been using this product for over a week and I would definitely say that you have to use it for a week so see results.
So what do I like about it:
- The colour. I am now a lovely colour. I think the colour looks very natural on me - I'm not yellow or orange but a nice slightly browned/tanned colour.
- Even finish. Its not streaky and for the most part the colour is very even. (However more on this below)
- Ease of application. You just slap it on and rub it in. This attitude I like a lot. I found the St. Tropez products quite a lot of hassle. Additionally, I don't have to wash my hands after - I can be really lazy and the fact that I don't need to worry about scrubbing stuff off my hands before I go to bed appeals immensely.
- Price. I like that it doesn't cost me over a fiver. I felt very bad about paying £20 for a product to essentially paint myself brown with. £3-£4 on this moisturiser I can live with. :)
- Moisturising. It really is a great moisturiser. I always used to be too lazy to regularly apply body moisturiser but with the incentive of looking tanned I now apply this religiously and my skin is lovely a smooth and soft. :)
What am I not that keen on:
I am hence experiencing a lot of dove love, love for the dove etc at the moment. :)
Some extra info:
- The smell is fine. Its not so amazing that I feel the need to rave about it but equally it doesn't smell awful. Question: does it smell like fake tan? Answer: only if you stick your nose right up against your skin and sniff. The chances of that happening often are slim. Please note I only did that for experimental purposes, its not a hobby. :P
- I have once or twice been a bit lazy and not applied this at night after my shower and found that my upper arms get a bit patchy. However, I think this is something to do with the fact that I used to have dry skin there and eczema when I was younger.
- I am using the fair to medium
I was quite doubtful about this product at first as I tried the Johnson &Johnson version (Holiday sun?) years ago and hated it. But this has changed my opinion completely of gradual moisturising tanners. Loving it. :)
Thanks for reading. xxx
p.s I'm still using the Dove face version of this - review will come in a week or so.