Saturday 23 May 2009

Dove Love

Hello my lovely followers!

This post is going to be a review of the Dove Summer Glow Body Lotion. :) I purchased this almost two weeks ago now and having been using it twice a day. Once after my shower in the morning and again after my shower at night. It does say apply daily so the two applications may not really be necessary but I was very impatient when I first started using this. lol I have been using this product for over a week and I would definitely say that you have to use it for a week so see results.

So what do I like about it:

  1. The colour. I am now a lovely colour. I think the colour looks very natural on me - I'm not yellow or orange but a nice slightly browned/tanned colour.
  2. Even finish. Its not streaky and for the most part the colour is very even. (However more on this below)
  3. Ease of application. You just slap it on and rub it in. This attitude I like a lot. I found the St. Tropez products quite a lot of hassle. Additionally, I don't have to wash my hands after - I can be really lazy and the fact that I don't need to worry about scrubbing stuff off my hands before I go to bed appeals immensely.
  4. Price. I like that it doesn't cost me over a fiver. I felt very bad about paying £20 for a product to essentially paint myself brown with. £3-£4 on this moisturiser I can live with. :)
  5. Moisturising. It really is a great moisturiser. I always used to be too lazy to regularly apply body moisturiser but with the incentive of looking tanned I now apply this religiously and my skin is lovely a smooth and soft. :)

What am I not that keen on:

  1. NOTHING!

I am hence experiencing a lot of dove love, love for the dove etc at the moment. :)

Some extra info:

  • The smell is fine. Its not so amazing that I feel the need to rave about it but equally it doesn't smell awful. Question: does it smell like fake tan? Answer: only if you stick your nose right up against your skin and sniff. The chances of that happening often are slim. Please note I only did that for experimental purposes, its not a hobby. :P
  • I have once or twice been a bit lazy and not applied this at night after my shower and found that my upper arms get a bit patchy. However, I think this is something to do with the fact that I used to have dry skin there and eczema when I was younger.
  • I am using the fair to medium

I was quite doubtful about this product at first as I tried the Johnson &Johnson version (Holiday sun?) years ago and hated it. But this has changed my opinion completely of gradual moisturising tanners. Loving it. :)

Thanks for reading. xxx

p.s I'm still using the Dove face version of this - review will come in a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment, question or just say hi. It makes me smile so much reading them :)