Tuesday, 22 December 2009
May I present to you all….
My mini pink xmas tree!!!!
I bought this from paperchase in Borders (still can’t believe its closing). It was…£8 I think. I can’t remember to be honest but I LOVE it.
I’ve decorated it with mini silver baubles from John Lewis which came in a pack of about 20-25. There are matt, shiny and glittery silver ones. :)
The angel on the top is from Accessorise. They do really cute xmas decorations.
My mum randomly bought my some LED battery powered lights from Lakeland which I’ve now put on as well but aren’t in the picture.
This is the first year I’ve had an xmas tree in my room and I love it. I feel its totally justified as I spend so much time in here! :)
How does everyone else decorate their room? I’d love to see pictures of everyone’s xmas trees! :)
Love Sarah xxx
I turned 21 on the 7th of December and was lucky enough to receive some wonderful gifts from friends and family.
Here is a picture of the yummy cake my mum baked for me:
I asked my mum and dad for a piece of jewellery and after much debate and looking at pictures I decided I wanted a tiffany key necklace. I remember first hearing about these from lollipop26. I really wanted something special that I could keep but also something “classic” that would stand the test of time.
So here is a picture of the one I went for:
I love it and wear it most days. The chain is a perfect length and I think its stylish but simple so can go with any outfit almost.
My amazing friends at uni got me this beautiful necklace from Swaroski which I love. I have a total thing for bows.
And finally, two family friends gave me a very generous amount of money with which I decided to buy a Thomas Sabo charm bracelet as I’ve been lusting after one for a good while now. Unfortunately when I went in they didn’t have all the charms I wanted because of the festive period but I got one horse one and I’m going back after xmas to get the others.
Winged Pegasus charm.
I love all my new jewellery so much and its even more special because it was given to me by people I love and care about so much.
Love Sarah xxx
Saturday, 12 December 2009
Here are two wee purchases from Primark:
One pair of leather purple gloves (£7-8) and one pair of grey arm warmers (£3).
I love arm warmers. I actually like them more than gloves. I feel really cute wearing them and do so inside as well as out. I like how they keep me warm but don’t restrict finger movement!
I’m lusting after more gloves, scarves, and arm warmers. Accessorize makes me drool. lol
Love Sarah xxx
Do you like winter?!
Tuesday, 8 December 2009
I tend to apply this when I’m in the house studying at my desk or before I go to bed. It lives on my bedside table and has become handy to reach for when my lips feel a bit dry.
I have a few blistex lip products and this is one of my favourites. It does work well – moisturising your lips and sorting out any dry areas. It’s quite thick in consistency and is definitely as it rightly says on the tube a “moisturiser” rather than a balm or gel. This means it’s probably not for everyone as I can imagine not all will like the consistency but it’s great for night time wear before bed.
Only a very small amount is needed which is easy to do as the product has a slanted tip applicator.
Nice lip product and definitely something I’d recommend for winter.
I would say though that this isn’t a total miracle worker and for very dry and chapped, or peeling lips I’d recommend Blistex Relief Cream.
Love Sarah xxx
Sunday, 6 December 2009
That was all very cheesy, wasn’t it! Just a quick post to show you some shoes I got a while back. I have to wear smart black flat shoes for part of my university work and they currently need to be replaced about once a year minimum.
So here they are:
I love bow details on anything really so that was my main reason for choosing them. I got them in Office and paid about £35.
Love Sarah xxx
Friday, 4 December 2009
A good number of months ago I picked up a sample of Estee Lauder’s Double Wear foundation after a recommendation from a friend. I’d never bought any Estee Lauder products before but the MUAs at the House of Fraser counter were lovely and colour matched me well. There was no stingyness about giving a sample either.
I used up all of the sample and when the weather started getting colder I felt the need for a bit more coverage than my tinted moisturiser, so I purchased 1 30ml bottle of the Double Wear foundation in shade 2N2 fresco 01. And I’d like to report that after at least two months of wear that I am a very happy customer!
Things I love about this foundation:
- On the bottle it says “Stay-in-Place Make-up” and this product does just that. One of my main requirements for any foundation I wear is that it must stay on my face and look flawless for as long as possible without touch ups. I don’t have time during the day to be checking my make-up and this has great lasting power.
- Shine control/finish. I have combination to oily skin but can occasionally suffer from the odd dry patch in winter. This foundation suits my skin perfectly. Its not ridiculously matt but is definitely more of a matt finish than dewy. Personally I love it as I can get to the end of the day and not look horribly shiny.
- No breakouts! Obviously this is a very individual thing but I’ve not had any adverse skin reactions whilst using this product.
- SPF 10
- Good colour match. They seemed to have a good range of colours and I am impressed how close a match the MUA chose for my skin colour. I often find that a lot of foundations are too pink and warm toned for my oriental skin tone but this is a pretty good match.
What could be improved about this product:
Make a pump!!! Please Estee Lauder I implore you to sell this product with a pump! The amount of waste is very sad. I did even go back to the counter and ask if they sold a pump separately but no joy. I just try to pour a small amount out on to the top of the lid and use it from there. It is annoying but I’m willing to make this small sacrifice for a great product!
So this is my perfect foundation of the moment! What’s yours? :)
Love Sarah xxx
In case you’re a bit nosy like me none of it was his fault and it was me who mucked up and needed out. I did some bad things and it wasn’t fair to him to drag out a failing relationship. So I’ve cried hysterically, felt ill with guilt and worry, and beaten myself up about it all, but at the end of it all, I’ve emerged a better and stronger person. And most importantly I haven’t felt this happy in ages! :)
Yes, its been hard but you survive. I didn’t mean to talk about this as much as I have but I’d like to mention two people’s blogs that have helped me so much. (Its possible a bit weird saying that two people who you’ve never met before can help you through difficult times but I truly love reading these people’s posts – and in many ways they have changed the way I think.)
1. Kandee Johnson (kandee the make-up artist). I first found kandee months and months ago on youtube and I instantly knew she was going to become a youtube star. Her blog is often about much more than make-up and fashion. Her writing and advice is inspirational and has encouraged me to be so much more positive and happy about life. (Her videos are also amazing – she is so enthusiastic and talented!)
2. Kim from Mermaid in a Manhole. I found Kim quite recently on blogger and I love her practical advice about life and various issues. She gives lots of really useful tips and ideas which has encouraged me to think differently about things.
Also check out this website which I found through Kim. Something really different. :)
Thanks for reading. I’m going to write some more blog posts on make-up now and post them soon.
Love sarah xxx